Samstag, Februar 24, 2007


Iris x histrioides 'Katharine Hodgkin'

Wer kennt sich aus mit diesen Iris? Die Katharina taucht auch auf als I. reticulata Sorte. Wie ist´s nun botanisch richtig?

Who can tell me if this kind of Iris is a kind of I. reticulata or a hybrid of I.reticulata and I. histrioides?

Anyway.... I always wanted to have these bulbs and happened to get three of them on a market last year in Berlin. I am a bit disappointed to see only one blossom coming up. The colours are absolutly unusual, it´s a light greenish blue with white stripes. In one of the alpine forums I have seen wonderful photos , one blossom next to the other like a carpet if iris. What do I have to do, to persuade thes bulbs to stay and prosper...?

1 Kommentar:

  1. Leider kann ich dir nicht helfen, aber sie sieht auf alle Fälle wunderbar aus. Meine sind erfroren, sie waren in einem Kübel.

    Sigrun

    AntwortenLöschen

Frühlingserwachen zum ersten...zum zweiten...und zum dritten?

Endlich scheint der Frühling sich entschlossen haben doch noch ins Land zu ziehen. Die öden und deprimierenden Tage und Nächte des Kah...